- VCO and RaceSpot TV present facts and figures about the iRacing 12h Sebring powered by VCO.
- Strong field of cars expected in three classes.
- Start of the VCO Grand Slam marks first anniversary for VCO Esports.
Munich – The second season of the VCO Grand Slam on the leading simulation platform iRacing gets going on Saturday (LIVE from 13:30 CET). To kick off this four-part series of ‘Special Events’, the Virtual Competition Organisation presents the iRacing 12h Sebring powered by VCO. One week after the 69th edition of the real 12 Hours of Sebring in the IMSA series, the best Esports racers in the world will meet at the ‘Sebring International Raceway’.
In addition to comprehensive coverage on its social media channels, the VCO will use the VCO Content Database to provide top-quality images from the ‘top split’ of the best drivers to all media representatives, teams and drivers. This already contains around 3,000 images from the world of Esports racing to browse through. In the live broadcast produced by RaceSpot TV, the Radio Show Limited team with legendary commentator John Hindhaugh will also be providing a sensational Esports racing atmosphere for the first time this year – just like at the real-world 12-hour race in Florida last week. This will also be the first appearance for the VCO Grand Slam trophies, which the winners of the LMP2, GTE and GT3 can look forward to receiving.
The 2021 Grand Slam opener is a special event for the VCO. The VCO Esports team started work in Munich on 1st April last year. This was followed by partnerships with some of the most important platforms, series and events in Esports racing and the consistent implementation of new ideas for this fast-growing Esports discipline. One highlight of that first year was the VCO ProSIM SERIES, which concludes on Wednesday with the eighth and final event.
In addition to the race at Sebring, VCO will also present the iRacing 24h Nürburgring on 24th/25th April. The same applies to the iRacing Petit Le Mans powered by VCO on 3rd October and the 10-hour race in Suzuka on 7th November.
Facts and figures about the iRacing 12h Sebring powered by VCO
– No Esports racer has been able to celebrate two overall wins at Sebring.
– The Radicals Online team has enjoyed overall victories in two different prototypes: 2015 with the HPD and 2018 with the C7DP. This year marks the first race appearance of the Dallara P217.
– The number of participants for the iRacing 12h Sebring has increased threefold since the first race: a total of nine splits were filled in 2015. Last year, teams competed in main timeslots in no fewer than 27 splits.
– Three teams have already recorded multiple triumphs in a GT class. So far, only the Pure Racing Team in 2018 pulled off the feat of winning both the GTE and the GT3 class.
– After GT3 class victories in 2019 and 2020, Vendaval Simracing is now in with the chance of a hat-trick.
– Vendaval Simracing and Coanda Simsport are the most successful teams at the iRacing Special Event at Sebring, with three class wins each.
– Frederik Rasmussen, crowned Formula E Esports champion only yesterday, is the only driver to have recorded wins with two different teams: CoRe SimRacing (2017) and Red Bull Racing Esports (2020).
Previous winners of iRacing 12h Sebring powered by VCO
2015 Radicals Online
2016 Driving Revolution
2017 Vendeval Simracing
2018 Radicals Online
2019 Apex Racing Team
2020 Coanda Simsport
2018 Pure Racing Team
2019 Williams Esports
2020 Red Bull Racing Esports
2018 Pure Racing Team
2019 Vendeval Simracing
2020 Vendeval Simracing
Calendar VCO Grand Slam on iRacing:
27th March 2021: iRacing 12h Sebring powered by VCO
24th/25th April 2021: iRacing 24h Nürburgring powered by VCO
3rd October 2021: iRacing Petit Le Mans powered by VCO
7th November 2021: iRacing 10h Suzuka powered by VCO
iRacing is the world’s premier motorsport simulation. With hundreds of cars and tracks from nearly every major racing discipline, iRacing partners with some of the world’s premier manufacturers, drivers, and motorsport sanctioning bodies, to deliver an unparalleled driving experience. From World Championship and special event competitions to public, hosted, and league racing, there’s an iRacing event out there for users of all skill levels and racing backgrounds. Learn more about iRacing and join more than 170,000 active iRacers today at www.iRacing.com.
Virtual Competition Organisation (VCO) brings together different stakeholders in Esports, from simulation or gaming platforms and interested partners to active teams, drivers and the community. In a rapidly growing sector, VCO stands for professionalism, focus and a broad media presence. With its international network, VCO provides solutions for the best possible conception and implementation of Esports projects of all kinds.
Contact for Media Requests
Phone: +49 (0)89 45 23 50 91 03
VCO Social Channels